Let’s say you’re a travel site that sells both vacation deals and advertising. You deploy the tracking code of a third-party technology on your site to help you advertise to people around the internet who are considering booking trips.
It works! You get more sales by retargeting visitors with relevant ads. But the tracking code that helped you do it spawns another company’s tracking code on your site, which in turn spawns tracking code from 19 other companies that you don’t know about.
None of this is to say that third-party tracking is bad. But when you’re unaware of it, you can’t manage it effectively. So you can’t, for example, know if some of those companies are collecting your audience data and selling your data elsewhere. That risks increasing your cost per acquisition when you buy advertising, and reducing your average CPM when you are selling advertising on your own site.
Excess tracking code can also slow your site down, further jeopardizing sales. See the impact of site latency.
And it can compromise the privacy of everyone who visits, because if you don’t know about all trackers, you can’t tell your customers about who’s accessing their data.
Evidon Encompass helps you regain control
A completely tagless solution, it reveals every tracker on your site and how it got there so that you can create business rules that allow only the trackers you authorize.
Now, you can:
- Sell more trips by keeping visitors engaged with faster pages;
- Sell more advertising at a higher price with control over your audience data; and
- Comply with the ePrivacy Directive and global “AdChoices” programs by protecting your visitors.
Ghostery Sees What Scanners Alone Can't
Evidon Encompass is fueled by Ghostery®, our free browser extension which allows people to see the companies that are tracking them when they visit a site, and provides them with the ability to block that tracking.
Users can choose to be a part of our “Ghostrank” panel—now over 8 million monthly users worldwide and growing—which sees and reports on tracker data on over 26 million sites. Ghostery® and our automated lab are tied to our proprietary library of more than 1,300 companies and 2,800 different types of trackers which collect and use data. It’s the only comprehensive library of trackers on the internet.
- Ability to detect all tracking--along the "redirect chain", across dynamic and social content, shopping carts, etc.
- Only comprehensive view of trackers:
- Where they appear (e.g., specific url data)
- How often each appears
- What they leave behind (e.g., cookies, scripts)
- How “intrusive” they are (e.g., ad targeting v. analytics)
- How they affect site performance
- If they provide a working opt-out
- No tag integration or code on pages
- No additional resources required
- Real-time, on-demand user interface
- Customizable UI, from high-level domain views down to page-level reporting
- Customizable alerts--blacklist and whitelist tags, etc.
- Notifications for new trackers, slow tags and pages, flash cookies, etc.
- Strategic guidance on how to process all information and protect your business